Maharashtra State govt. initiatives to encourage the digitalization:
1. The State government will train people in 30,000 villages to use credit, debit cards and mobile wallets over the next three months.
2. The State will set up ‘Digital Sewa Kendras’ in each of these village gram panchayats and install 11,000 Point of Sale (PoS) machines for smooth transactions.
3. An army of 10,00,000 volunteers will fan out to teach villagers five different modes of digital payments.
4. The volunteers will train villagers in Aadhaar-enabled payment systems (AEPS), use of debit/credit cards, Unified Payment Interface (UPI), USSD-based mobile banking (on basic mobile phones), and mobile wallets, officials said.
5. The state govt. soon will launch Maha-Wallet- with co-branding of the Government of Maharashtra to promote interoperability among payment wallets.