Findings of Mudgal Committee Report
1. Recognising the proxy system as the bane of Delhi cricket, Justice (Retd) Mukul Mudgal — in his report submitted before the Delhi High Court on Monday — has advised that the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) should have a full-time CEO.
2.“It is advisable that DDCA has a full time CEO who independently looks after the administration and financial aspects of DDCA to ensure continuity and smooth functioning of the DDCA,” said Justice Mudgal in his 28-page report, which the court has asked to be sent to the BCCI for consideration.
3. The current state of affairs in the DDCA require scrutiny of BCCI, Justice Mudgal said in his report, adding that several complaints were received regarding selection process of players during his tenure at the DDCA.
4“The proxy system is the bane of Delhi cricket that deserves to be jettisoned,” said the report, adding that several office-bearers and the executive members of the DDCA only acted for their own personal gains and for maintaining their relationship, at the expense of the cricket body.
5. The coaches, players, vendors and employees of the DDCA are not paid on time. The office-bearers, executive committee members and the sports working committee members of the DDCA should be concerned about improving cricket facilities in Delhi.
6. BCCI responsibility :The report left it to the BCCI to decide whether to constitute a specialised adhoc body or a committee to take over and manage the affairs of the DDCA.
7. Complimentary passes: Justice Mudgal termed ticketing and accreditation as the “most controversial aspect” of his tenure of overseeing the matches at the DDCA where complimentary tickets/passes are a bone of contention between various office-bearers of the DDCA, the executive committee members and various authorities.
“The senior office-bearers eye maximum complimentary tickets to serve the interest of their proxies, who cater to their vote bank requirements during elections,” the report said, adding that the practice needs to be curbed by limiting complimentary passes.
8. Other shortcomings: Besides this, the report reveals lack of proper account keeping, prior permissions and clearances for matches leading to last-minute provisional certificates and no proper tendering of various works.
Justice Mudgal was appointed by the High Court to oversee the conduct of the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 matches at Ferozshah Kotla.
What is Proxy system?
Proxy voting is a form of voting whereby some members of a decision-making body may delegate their voting power to other members of the same body to vote in their absence, and/or to select additional representatives. A person so designated is called a "proxy" and the person designating him or her is called a "principal".