1. Govt ends monopoly over coal, opens mining sector to private players Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology As a part of its measures to reform the economy, the govt. has launched the auction for 41 coal mines for commercial mining. It is aimed at reviving the economic growth and... Continued.
1. Is China’s ‘peaceful rise’ over? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR On Tuesday, the same day news broke about the violent clashes between Indian and Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley of eastern Ladakh, in which at last 20 Indian soldiers died, a Chinese J-10 fighter briefly entered Taiwan’s air defence... Continued.
1. Indian Army says 20 soldiers killed in clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan area Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Twenty Indian personnel, including a Colonel, were killed in violent clashes with Chinese troops on Monday along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh, in what is possibly the... Continued.
1. India, China expanded nuclear stockpile in last one year Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR All nations that have nuclear weapons continue to modernise their nuclear arsenals, while India and China increased their nuclear warheads in the last one year, according to a latest report by Swedish think tank Stockholm International... Continued.
1. BrainPort-Now see with your Tongue Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology One of the best wearable technology for the blind has been developed by neuroscientists of Wicab Inc. This device allows the blind to see without the help of eyes. BrainPort vision device technology is defined as a wearable... Continued.
1. Mumbai’s new flood warning system: iFlows-Mumbai Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Disaster Management iFLOWS-Mumbai Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Friday inaugurated IFLOWS-Mumbai, a state-of-the-art flood warning system developed for the city. “The flood management system is a boon for the city and it will be helpful in saving Mumbai,” Mr. Thackeray... Continued.
1. Why companies are going for rights issue amidst Covid-19 pandemic Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics Reliance Industries Limited recently concluded its rights issue, raising a total of Rs 53,124 crore and witnessing an oversubscription of 1.59 times or received applications worth over Rs 84,000 crore. Moreover, reports suggest that several... Continued.
1. Introspection on the migrant labour crisis Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper I; Social Issues The worst may be over for the country’s inter-State workers. Many have returned home. More may be accommodated in Shramik trains scheduled to run, and some, it appears, do not mind staying where they are for work, now... Continued.
1. India, China agree to ease standoff Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Indian and Chinese troops began partial “disengagement” from the some of the standoff points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh, defence sources said on June 9, in a first sign of moving towards resolution of... Continued.
1. The drugs India is fighting Covid-19 with Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology A look at 8 therapies being used in hospitals in Mumbai and elsewhere. Remdesivir Remdesivir, an antiviral drug first developed for treating Ebola in 2014, is one of the possible Covid-19 treatments being investigated in the... Continued.