1. Introspection on the migrant labour crisis Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper I; Social Issues The worst may be over for the country’s inter-State workers. Many have returned home. More may be accommodated in Shramik trains scheduled to run, and some, it appears, do not mind staying where they are for work, now... Continued.
1. India, China agree to ease standoff Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Indian and Chinese troops began partial “disengagement” from the some of the standoff points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh, defence sources said on June 9, in a first sign of moving towards resolution of... Continued.
1. The drugs India is fighting Covid-19 with Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology A look at 8 therapies being used in hospitals in Mumbai and elsewhere. Remdesivir Remdesivir, an antiviral drug first developed for treating Ebola in 2014, is one of the possible Covid-19 treatments being investigated in the... Continued.
1. India demands restoration of April status along LAC Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR India has firmly conveyed its demand to China for restoring the status quo as existed in April along the border during the senior military commander talks on Saturday, sources said. Concerns of both the sides Sources said... Continued.
1. Study finds link between high blood pressure and Covid-19 death risk Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology A new study has found that patients with higher blood pressure face twice as high a risk of dying from the COVID-19 compared to patients without high blood pressure. The research was... Continued.
1. Killing of an elephant in Kerala Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Environment An outpouring of grief has followed the death of a pregnant elephant in Kerala, the treacherous use of a food bomb causing widespread revulsion and anger. Scores of elephants are killed every year in India as their paths cross... Continued.
1. Seven to eleven: On India and G-7 Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Dismissing the current configuration of the “Group of Seven” or G-7 of the world’s most developed nations as “outdated”, U.S. President Donald Trump announced over the weekend that he would like to expand it to a G-11, by... Continued.
1. Jessica Lal murder convict Manu Sharma walks out of jail Relevant for GS Prelims Siddharth Vashisht, better known as Manu Sharma, who was serving a life sentence in the 1999 Jessica Lal murder case, was released from Tihar jail here on Monday. Sharma was convicted in 2006 for shooting model Jessica Lal after she... Continued.
1. Restarting international air travel; the concept of ‘air bridges’ and ‘bubbles’ Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology From lockdown in metro cities to restrictions imposed by various countries on the entry of foreigners, “several factors need to be addressed” for the resumption of international flights, according to Civil Aviation... Continued.
1. Insurance regulator steps in for standard Covid-19 product Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance WITH COVID-19 patients running up high bills in private hospitals, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has asked the General Insurance Council — the apex body of general insurers — to arrive... Continued.