A special function on the occasion to commemorate 70th Anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of India, – “SamvidhanDiwas” was organized in the Central Hall of Parliament.
On this occasion, the President Shri Ram Nath Kovind launched the Web-Portal of “National Youth Parliament Scheme”.
About the Portal
The web-portal of the National Youth Parliament Scheme is available at www.nyps.mpa.gov.in. The main objective of the portal is to increase the outreach of the youth parliament programme of the Ministry to hitherto untouched sections and corners of the country.
The salient features of the portal are:
- All recognised educational institutions of the country are eligible to participate in this programme.
- The registration for participation will be done by the education institutions through the web-portal.
- E-training modules, videos, photographs and scripts are available on the portal for online self-learning of the participants.
- After successful registration, the educational institutions will be able to conduct youth parliament sittings in their respective institutions.
- Each student taking part in the sitting will get a Digital ‘Certificate of Participation’ and each Teacher-in-charge and Head of Institution will get a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ through the web portal.
Relevant for GS Prelims