1. Pragyata guidelines for digital education Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Limit screen time According to the Pragyata guidelines for digital education, released by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Schools can hold live online classes for a maximum of 1.5 hours per day for Classes 1-8, and... Continued.
1. Why Russian Covid-19 vaccine still has miles to go Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology Like all the other potential candidates, one being developed in Russia is also far from being ready at this point. Numerous reports on Sunday had claimed that clinical trials for a Russian vaccine had... Continued.
1. Supreme Court gives green light to summons via WhatsApp and email Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR The Supreme Court has taken ️a major decision which is bound to revolutionise the legal system in the country. It has allowed serving of summons and legal notices through WhatsApp, Telegram and Email. The... Continued.
1. Should Kuwait’s draft expat bill worry India? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR The Kuwait National Assembly (NA) is discussing several proposals to reduce the share of foreigners in the country’s population, which is now pegged at 70%. There are many proposals under consideration, and one is to put caps on... Continued.
1. U.S. withdrawal from WHO Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR On July 6, when the number of novel coronavirus cases and deaths in the U.S. reached over 2.8 million and nearly 0.13 million, respectively, the U.S. officially notified the United Nations of its intention to withdraw membership from the World Health... Continued.
1. MGNREGS is important in the rescue of the poor during a time of distress Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics Poor households dependent on MNREGS The finding that 8.4 lakh poor households have completed at least 80 days of the 100-day limit for work under the MGNREGS and 1.4 lakh among... Continued.
1. ‘Centre won’t extend deadline for levy on foreign e-com firms’ Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics The government is not considering extending the deadline for payment of Equalisation Levy by non-resident e-commerce players, even though a majority of them are yet to deposit the first installment of the tax, an official... Continued.
1. Who is Vikas Dubey? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance The gangster from Uttar Pradesh is a history-sheeter who is facing up to 60 criminal cases. Dubey resides in Dikru village and according to media reports also has a private army. He is also the prime accused of the... Continued.
1. China doubles down on claims on eastern Bhutan boundary Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Days after Bhutan sent China a demarche protesting Chinese claims to the Sakteng wildlife sanctuary in Eastern Bhutan, Beijing has doubled down, including Bhutan’s “Eastern sectors” to the boundary dispute between the two countries for the... Continued.
1. What are scientists saying about a new virus strain in China? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology Reports of an emergent viral infection transmitted from pigs in China dominated the news earlier this week. Newspapers and television channels reported that a new strain of H1N1 (also known as swine... Continued.