1. How Saudi Prince Mohammad bin Salman hacked Amazon founder Jeff Bezos Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology Pegasus spyware used for hacking Bezos iphone A malicious file attached to an encrypted video message sent on WhatsApp is believed to have been used in hacking Amazon founder and CEO Jeff... Continued.
1.Wuhan Virus: China’s mystery virus that has killed six, triggered worry Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology A top Chinese scientist has confirmed that the mysterious coronavirus (a type of virus named after its spiky, solar corona-like appearance under an electron microscope) that had by Tuesday killed at least six... Continued.
1. The gulf between rich and poor, men and women, globally Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics Oxfam, the international nonprofit focussed on the alleviation of global poverty, has published a report on economic inequality. The report, titled Time to Care: Unpaid and Underpaid Care Work and the Global Inequality Crisis, released... Continued.
1. Already low, how India-Pakistan trade nearly collapsed in 2019 Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Tensions between India and Pakistan in 2019 have reduced the already low volumes of trade between the two countries to near zero. Steps taken by India and Pakistan Following the terrorist attack on the CRPF convoy... Continued.
1. Merger of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha TV in last stages Relevant for GS Prelims The merger of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha Television is in its final stages, with the six-member Committee expected to submit its final report in two weeks time. The Committee was constituted on November 7 and is headed by... Continued.
1. Impeachment process of President Trump Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR President Donald Trump’s impeachment process has entered a new phase. On Wednesday, following a 228-193 vote largely along party lines, the House of Representatives (equivalent to Lok Sabha in India) sent two articles of impeachment to the Senate, and named... Continued.
1. What is Article 131, under which Kerala has moved SC against the CAA? How does this challenge differ from the other petitions filed against the law? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Recently, Kerala became the first state to challenge the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) before the Supreme Court.... Continued.
1. How mother’s education correlates with child’s school and ability Relevant for GS Mains Paper I; Social Issues Preference for private school by children of educated mothers Among the key findings of ASER 2019 is that the mother’s education often determines the kind of pre-schooling or schooling that the child gets. The report says that... Continued.
1. What is Article 131, on which Kerala has based its challenge to the CAA? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance On Tuesday (January 14), the Kerala government moved the Supreme Court against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act. The Pinarayi Vijayan-led government, the first state to challenge the law, filed a... Continued.
1. Demolition of Maradu Buildings Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Environment & Biodiversity The four high-rise luxury apartment complexes in Maradu municipality in Kochi, which violated Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) notifications, were demolished on January 11 and 12 following a Supreme Court order. What was the order of Supreme Court? The apex... Continued.