1. MoD approves 33 new fighter jets for IAF in deals worth ₹38,900 crores Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology Amid the ongoing tensions on the border with China, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, approved deals worth ₹38,900 crore. This includes procurement of 21... Continued.
1. Neyveli and Visakhapatnam industrial disasters Relevant for GS Mains Paper III; Internal Security Two deadly industrial disasters, in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, leading to the loss of at least eight lives and causing serious injuries to many, once again underscore the value of safety protocols. In a boiler blast at the Neyveli thermal... Continued.
1. PM extends free foodgrains scheme till November Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Extension of the scheme Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the free grain distribution scheme under the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) will be extended by five months till the end of November, with... Continued.
1. MHA unveils rules for Unlock 2 Read only for understanding What are the new guidelines? The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) late on Monday announced fresh guidelines for Unlock 2. The restrictions will, however, be strictly enforced in containment zones till July 31. Metro rail services, schools, colleges, gymnasiums, auditoriums, bars, swimming pools, entertainment... Continued.
1. How will the U.S. visa ban impact India? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR On June 22, the White House made a proclamation halting the processing and issuance of non-immigrant work visas of several types, with the stated aim of this sweeping policy being to stop foreign workers snagging American jobs,... Continued.
1. Hinduja brothers: what property dispute is about, how much is at stake Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics On June 23, a UK court ruled in favour of Srichand Hinduja (SP), Chairman of the Hinduja group with operations in several countries, and his daughter Vinoo on the issue of control of... Continued.
1. Process to merge Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha TVs into Sansad TV in final stages Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance The process of the merger of the Rajya Sabha TV and the Lok Sabha TV into Sansad TV with two variants is in the final stages. The live... Continued.
1. Why has the US accused Air India of unfair practices? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has levelled allegations against India of being “unfair” and engaging in “discriminatory practices” with regard to repatriation flights. The DOT has restricted flights operated by Air India, saying it... Continued.
1. Why high-altitude warfare is challenging, and how soldiers are trained Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR The violent standoff between Indian and Chinese troops in Galwan Valley of Ladakh region has thrown the spotlight on high-altitude warfare and the challenges that troops face, particularly when advantageous positions on the heights are... Continued.
1. Modi’s statement on China’s role in LAC Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR PM statement Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s comments to an all-party meet on Friday, claiming there had neither been any intrusion by China nor was any intruder present, expectedly caused a political storm. China within India’s territory Not only... Continued.