1. How India proposals at UN event can help elephants, migratory birds Relevant for GS Prelims & mains Paper III; Environment On Thursday, a committee adopted India’s proposals for including three species — great Indian bustard, Asian elephant and Bengal florican — for additional protection under the UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species... Continued.
1. Department of Telecommunications announces ‘5G Hackathon’ Relevant for GS Prelims In its endeavour to identify and promote applications relevant to India in the 5G realm, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched ‘5G Hackathon’in association with a number of government, academia & industry stakeholders. About 5G technology 5G technology provides quantum leap over 4G... Continued.
1. On Afghan presidential poll result Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II Results of election The Afghan Independent Election Commission’s much-delayed announcement that President Ashraf Ghani is the winner of the September 28 Presidential election is expected to deepen the political crisis in the war-torn country. That it took almost five months to... Continued.
1. Population of over 100 species of Indian birds on decline, claims first-of-its-kind report Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Environment A first-of-its-kind report on Indian birds claims that over a hundred species of birds exhibit a decline in the long term and short-term, raising their threat of extinction. State of India’s Birds... Continued.
1. India again leapfrogs U.K and France to become world’s 5th largest economy Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics There is some good news for the Indian economy amidst the ongoing economic slowdown. As per a report by the US-based think tank, World Population Review, India has risen to become the world’s... Continued.
1. Vodafone caught between ‘the devil and the deep sea’ Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics The Supreme Court’s recent strict judgement to recover adjusted gross revenue (AGR) dues has created panic for one of the concerned telecom players: Vodafone-Idea. The company in which Vodafone and Aditya Birla group own 44% and... Continued.
1. What does ‘developed’ tag mean for India? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics On February 10, the U.S. removed more than a dozen countries, including India, from its list of countries that are classified as “developing” for trade purposes. These countries will now be classified instead as “developed” economies, thus stripping... Continued.
1. Supreme Court orders parties to publish criminal history of Lok Sabha, Assembly candidates Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Supreme Court order The Supreme Court ordered political parties to publish the entire criminal history of their candidates for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections along with the reasons that made... Continued.
1. दिल्ली चुनाव परिणाम Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; polity & Governance अरविंद केजरीवाल और उनकी आम आदमी पार्टी (आप) को दिल्ली विधानसभा चुनाव में भारी जनादेश के साथ सत्ता में वापस लाया गया क्योंकि पार्टी ने 70 सदस्यीय सदन में 62 सीटें जीती थीं। AAP ने 53.57% वोट शेयर हासिल किया,... Continued.
1. Pakistan jails Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed for terror financing Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Conviction of Hafiz Saeed Hafiz Saeed, the alleged mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, has been sentenced to jail in Pakistan for five-and-a-half years on terror finance charges. The FIR against Saeed and his associates... Continued.