1. Supreme Court orders parties to publish criminal history of Lok Sabha, Assembly candidates Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Supreme Court order The Supreme Court ordered political parties to publish the entire criminal history of their candidates for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections along with the reasons that made... Continued.
1. दिल्ली चुनाव परिणाम Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; polity & Governance अरविंद केजरीवाल और उनकी आम आदमी पार्टी (आप) को दिल्ली विधानसभा चुनाव में भारी जनादेश के साथ सत्ता में वापस लाया गया क्योंकि पार्टी ने 70 सदस्यीय सदन में 62 सीटें जीती थीं। AAP ने 53.57% वोट शेयर हासिल किया,... Continued.
1. Pakistan jails Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed for terror financing Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR Conviction of Hafiz Saeed Hafiz Saeed, the alleged mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, has been sentenced to jail in Pakistan for five-and-a-half years on terror finance charges. The FIR against Saeed and his associates... Continued.
1. Supreme Court upholds amendments made to nullify own judgment diluting provisions of SC/ST Act Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Recent stand of SC The Supreme Court upheld the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act of 2018, which nullified its own controversial March 20,... Continued.
1. 1.36 crore Indians living abroad, one-fourth of them in UAE Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR There are over 1.36 crore Indian nationals living abroad, according to data tabled by the Ministry of External Affairs in Lok Sabha. Citing RBI data, the ministry said that during 2018-2019, $76.4 billion was received... Continued.
1. How LIC stake sale will affect policyholders Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics In the Union Budget speech on February 1, Union Minister of Finance Nirmala Sitharaman announced that the government proposed to sell a part of its holding in Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) by way of an initial public offering... Continued.
1. Christina Koch’s longest spaceflight Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics Recently, NASA astronaut Christina Koch returned to Earth from the International Space Station, where she set the record for the longest single spaceflight in history by a woman. Koch arrived along with Soyuz Commander Alexander Skvortsov of Roscosmos and Luca Parmitano... Continued.
1. PM announces Cabinet nod for Ram temple in Ayodhya Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Trust to establish Ram temple in Ayodhya Prime Minister Narendra Modi told the Lok Sabha that the Cabinet had approved a scheme for the construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya by setting... Continued.
1. Why govt has lifted a duty that polyester makers paid on a chemical Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics During her Budget speech on Saturday, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the government was abolishing in “public interest” an anti-dumping duty that was levied on imports of a chemical called PTA. Domestic... Continued.
1. Why Budget proposal on tax on Indians working abroad triggered confusion Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Economics An amendment to the Income Tax Act proposed in the Finance Bill 2020, has created confusion about Indians who primarily work and earn their living outside India. The broad import of the amendment, as... Continued.