1. What US job curbs mean for Indian H1-B holders Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR On Monday, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order barring federal agencies from hiring H-1B visa holders and other foreign workers in place of US citizens or green card holders. Who are given such visas?... Continued.
1. Profiteering during a pandemic: Overcharging the public should be made a punishable offence under the Disaster Management Act Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance Mask prices Soon after the government imposed a nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of COVID-19, prices of essential items shot up in several places... Continued.
1. What has the National Education Policy 2020 proposed? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance The Union Cabinet approved a new National Education Policy on July 29, after a 34-year gap. The National Education Policy, 2020 is meant to provide an overarching vision and comprehensive framework for both school and... Continued.
1. Reading the new education policy Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance New Education Policy 2020: On Wednesday, the Union Cabinet cleared a new National Education Policy (NEP) proposing sweeping changes in school and higher education. A look at the takeaways, and their implications for students and institutions of learning:... Continued.
1. All you need to know about new National Education Policy Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; Polity & Governance The new National Education Policy (NEP) approved by the Union Cabinet is set to usher in a slew of changes, ranging from reduction in school curriculum to discontinuation of MPhil. The NEP aims... Continued.
1. At 2,967 tigers, India’s capacity at peak Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Environment India has 70% of the world’s tigers. Mr. Javadekar also announced that his Ministry was working on a programme to provide water and fodder to animals at the forest itself to deal with the challenge of human-animal conflict... Continued.
1. China seizes U.S. consulate in Chengdu Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR China took over the premises of the U.S. consulate in the southwestern city of Chengdu on Monday, after ordering the facility to be vacated in retaliation for China’s ouster last week from its consulate in Houston, Texas. The seizure... Continued.
1. 200 investment proposals from China wait for security clearance by Home Ministry Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR New rules demand prior approval About 200 investment proposals from China are awaiting security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) after new rules were notified in April, making prior government approval... Continued.
1. Is SARS-CoV-2 a latent virus which can recur? Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper III; Science & Technology A latent infection is when the virus in the body is dormant and does not replicate within the host. It however possesses the capacity to be reactivated at some point, causing a flare-up of the... Continued.
1. U.S. closing Chinese consulate in Houston Relevant for GS Prelims & Mains Paper II; IOBR The U.S.’s decision to close China’s consulate in Houston is an unprecedented escalation in the steadily deteriorating ties between the world’s two largest economies. Why has US closed the consulate? The Trump administration has accused the consulate and other... Continued.